Location: Calgary or Remote (Canada)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Who is Link?
Canadians are not saving enough for retirement and it is having a profound impact: mounting pressure on Canada’s public pension plan and financial stress impacting individuals’ quality of life. Link is a digital recordkeeping platform, pension plan sponsor and financial services company that assists employers in administering their compensation programs including workplace savings, retirement and pension plans, health benefits and equity plans. The beneficiaries are the employees – by creating workplace solutions that provide better retirements.
We are a Calgary-based company founded by industry veterans and our mission is to be the market leader in the creation and administration of employer-sponsored plans. By combining expert advice, world-class service and innovative technology we created a comprehensive financial wellness platform that, through engagement, ease of use and the delivery of the best personal outcomes for our users, provides immense value for all stakeholders – members, sponsors, partners and investors. We work hard to disrupt how businesses provide these benefits to their employees to create better financial outcomes.
What is the role?
Link is looking for a Reconciliation Administrator to join our team and manage the reconciliation and associated data management efforts. In this operation’s role, the successful candidate would be responsible for supporting a critical part of the business by reviewing and balancing various transactions on our client accounts in order to maintain accurate recordkeeping.
This is a great opportunity, where you’ll get to build and establish best practices within a growing organization with many opportunities to further your career.
How you’ll make an impact
- Reconciliation of transaction activity, trading, and cash accounts
- Reconciliation of cash and securities positions (Dividends, Contributions, Buys/Sells, Transfers In/Out etc.)
- Timely and accurate reporting of exceptions and proactive management through to resolution
- Escalation of risks and issues as appropriate
- Collaborative working relationships with the operations team and other departments
- Participation in a variety of data entry/management tasks supporting operations to improve efficiency and processes (posting journal entries, maintaining transaction logs, reporting etc.)
- Posting withholding tax and fee activity in a timely manner consistent with deadlines
- Achieving an adept understanding of Link’s platforms and collaborating with custodians to support reconciliations and resolution of discrepancies
What you’ll need to succeed
- Certification, Diploma or Degree in Finance, Business, Commerce, Accounting recommended
- Experience with workplace savings and group plans administration considered an asset
- Prior accounting and financial services experience highly desirable: bank, brokerage, investment fund, pension fund, commodities trading, transfer agent, fintech
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and solutions orientation
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- A deep belief in team success, collaboration, and a willingness to adapt to continuous change
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment which includes ongoing learning and training opportunities
- Demonstrated competency with common office technology (Office 365)
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel and advanced technical skills such as macros and query languages appreciated but not required
What Link has to offer
Link provides a flexible and dynamic work environment that empowers employees to develop and succeed. In addition to a competitive salary, stock options and a healthcare spending account, employees can participate in Link’s unique defined contribution pension plan. With a nationally distributed workforce that is set up to work remotely, Link will consider employees that reside outside of Calgary.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com