Location: Calgary or Remote (Canada)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Who is Link?
Canadians are not saving enough for retirement and it is having a profound impact: mounting pressure on Canada’s public pension plan and financial stress impacting individuals’ quality of life. Link is a digital recordkeeping platform, pension plan sponsor and financial services company that assists employers in administering their compensation programs including workplace savings, retirement and pension plans, health benefits and equity plans. The beneficiaries are the employees – by creating workplace solutions that provide better retirements.
We are a Calgary-based company founded by industry veterans and our mission is to be the market leader in the creation and administration of employer-sponsored plans. By combining expert advice, world-class service and innovative technology we created a comprehensive financial wellness platform that, through engagement, ease of use and the delivery of the best personal outcomes for our users, provides immense value for all stakeholders – members, sponsors, partners and investors. We work hard to disrupt how SME businesses provide these benefits to their employees to create better financial outcomes.
What is the role
The Product Development team at Link is responsible for the development of Link’s platform which enables the implementation and administration of employer-sponsored group savings plans. The team’s focus is to deliver highly scalable solutions that encompass functional areas such as portfolio management, fee collection, record keeping and tax reporting.
The team is looking to add a Product Owner to drive the evolution of our platform. By working closely with both internal and external stakeholders, you’ll play a key role in prioritizing, designing and delivering new features that will increase the efficiency of the administration of plans offered on the Link platform. The ideal candidate is experienced in interfacing with cross-functional team members and believes in the value of building alignment across the team.
How you’ll make an impact
- Work closely with company stakeholders to identify and transform business requirements into user stories
- Communicate new product features and updates to stakeholders and assist with the integration of new features into existing workflows
- Refine user stories to create an MVP out of business requirements while reducing scope creep
- Maintain the product development backlog, updating and prioritizing stories according to changing business requirements
- Clarify and present business requirements to product development team members to ensure ‘big picture’ understanding
- Review new feature implementations through product demos to ensure business requirements are met
- Manage the product roadmap to fit business initiatives
- Document and update product workflows and processes for future reference
What you’ll need to succeed
- 3-5 years working within a product development team as a product owner
- Experience being a part of a product development team building enterprise-scale SaaS products
- Understand the agile methodology, experience leading sprint planning, story time/estimation meetings etc.
- Excellent communicator that has served as an interface between business and technical teams
- Hands on experience in the administration of workplace savings plans
- Technical experience within the product development process – QA, automation, development
What Link has to offer
Link provides a flexible and dynamic work environment that empowers employees to develop and succeed. In addition to a competitive salary, stock options and a healthcare spending account, employees can participate in Link’s unique defined contribution pension plan. With a nationally distributed workforce that is set up to work remotely, Link can accommodate employees that reside outside of Calgary. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.