Location: Calgary or Remote (Canada)
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Who is Link
Canadians are not saving enough for retirement and it is having a profound impact: mounting pressure on Canada’s public pension plan and financial stress impacting individuals’ quality of life. Link is a digital recordkeeping platform, pension plan sponsor and financial services company that assists employers in administering their compensation programs including workplace savings, retirement and pension plans, health benefits and equity plans.
We are a Calgary-based company founded by industry veterans and our mission is to be the market leader in the creation and administration of employer-sponsored plans. By combining expert advice, world-class service and innovative technology we created a comprehensive financial wellness platform that, through engagement, ease of use and the delivery of the best personal outcomes for our users, provides immense value for all stakeholders – members, sponsors, partners and investors. We work hard to disrupt how SME businesses provide these benefits to their employees to create better financial outcomes.
About the Team
The product development team at Link is responsible for the development of Link’s platform which enables the implementation and administration of employer sponsored group savings plans. The team’s main focus is to deliver highly scalable solutions that encompass functional areas such as portfolio management, fee collection, record keeping and tax reporting. In joining the team as an Intermediate Full Stack Developer you will play a vital role in expanding the platform’s feature set and improving the overall quality of our codebase.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 – 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Proficiency in Java and related technologies (Spring Boot, JPA, Junit, etc.)
- Experience in Angular
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other RDBMS
- Experience building and maintaining cloud deployed SaaS applications
The Ideal Candidate
- Applies design patterns and follows object oriented principles to improve maintainability and scalability
- Participates in code reviews to share ideas and discuss design decisions
- Has a high level of ownership and accountability
- Is able to communicate effectively with team members across all disciplines with varying levels of technical understanding
- Focuses on solving the problem at hand to meet evolving business needs
- Understands that improvement is an evolutionary process, not something that happens overnight
- Design, develop and maintain features in the platform that encompass both front end and server side technologies
- Implement features that meet business requirements with a focus on scalability and maintainability
- Debug issues discovered by the QA team and diagnose issues affecting production environments
- Implement bug fixes in a timely manner to minimize impact on other team members and production environments
- Demonstrate and help other team members gain technical insight and understanding into new features or bug fixes
What Link has to offer
Link provides a flexible and dynamic work environment that empowers employees to develop and succeed. In addition to a competitive salary, stock options and a healthcare spending account, employees can participate in Link’s unique defined contribution pension plan. With a nationally distributed workforce that is set up to work remotely, Link can accommodate employees that reside outside of Calgary. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.