Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Who is Link
Canadians are not saving enough for retirement and it is having a profound impact: mounting pressure on Canada’s public pension plan and financial stress impacting individuals’ quality of life. Link is a digital recordkeeping platform, pension plan sponsor and financial services company that assists employers in administering their compensation programs including workplace savings, retirement and pension plans, health benefits and equity plans. The beneficiaries are the employees – by creating workplace solutions that provide better retirements.
We are a Calgary-based company founded by industry veterans and our mission is to be the market leader in the creation and administration of employer-sponsored plans. By combining expert advice, world-class service and innovative technology we created a comprehensive financial wellness platform that, through engagement, ease of use and the delivery of the best personal outcomes for our users, provides immense value for all stakeholders – members, sponsors, partners and investors. We work hard to disrupt how SME businesses provide these benefits to their employees to create better financial outcomes.
About the Team
The product development team at Link is responsible for the development of Link’s platform which enables the implementation and administration of employer sponsored group savings plans. The team’s main focus is to deliver highly scalable solutions that encompass functional areas such as portfolio management, fee collection, record keeping and tax reporting. In joining the team as a Senior Full Stack Developer you will play a vital role in expanding the platform’s feature set and improving the overall quality of our codebase.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Proficiency in Java and related technologies (Spring Boot, JPA, Junit, etc.)
- Experience in Angular
- Experience with PostgreSQL or other RDBMS
- Experience working with CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins)
- Experience building and maintaining SaaS applications deployed on AWS or other cloud based infrastructure
The Ideal Candidate
- Advocates for object oriented design principles and best practices to improve maintainability and scalability of the codebase
- Has a high level of ownership and accountability in the delivery of high quality solutions by actively seeking out opportunities to make positive impact in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Is able to mentor team members across multiple disciplines
- Dives deep into technical problems while being able to maintain focus on bigger picture product development initiatives
- Understands that improvement is an evolutionary process and is able make actionable plans towards achieving long term goals
- Has domain experience from working in the Fintech industry
- Lead the design and implementation of technical solutions within the platform
- Contribute to the overall technical direction and strategy of the product development team
- Mentor the development team in object oriented design, writing clean, scalable, and maintainable code by leading/participating in code reviews and architectural design meetings
- Assist in the triage and prioritization of live production issues
- Evaluate, update, and enforce development processes according to agile methodology and best practices
What Link has to offer
Link provides a flexible and dynamic work environment that empowers employees to develop and succeed. In addition to a competitive salary, stock options and a healthcare spending account, employees can participate in Link’s unique defined contribution pension plan. With a nationally distributed workforce that is set up to work remotely, Link can accommodate employees that reside outside of Calgary. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.